Friday 23 April 2010

The Final Plates!


Here are the final plates I made for our table. When I made them I hadn't intended them to be the final product but I loved them so much they had to be used! Again I have used silver leaf, copper leaf and copper tape, but I also used a Ferrero Rocher wrapper! I really like the layered effect and the colours that have been produced.





The one below is definitely one of my favourites, just love the textures and the balance between busy areas and more subtle, simple parts. This one also has brass sheet in it, which I hadn't used before and wasn't sure how it would turn out but in fact I think this is the best feature of the plate! (The very top section is covered by brass sheet).





As much as I loved the results of all the plates, I felt as though some were slightly more successful than others and I think this is because some were too plain. So on two of the plates I took aspects of the Chinese patterns I had been looking at throughout the brief and sandblasted them on the areas that I thought needed a further dimension, and I think this has worked really well...





This one again is one of my favourites, I just think it is well balanced and the pattern on the surface almost seems part of the intended design. Also I love my little Chinese symbol in the top left (meaning year of the Ox!).





3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are amazing =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma Olivia... this is really impressive stuff :) woooooooooooooo x x x x x x x x x x x x x I would like a set for my house when you have time, thank you muchly x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I, too, would like these in my house so you pair will have to get in the queue. Aren't they fabulous. Good work Emsk! xx

    ReplyDelete