Monday 8 November 2010

More, better, coasters!


Here are a few photos of some more recent coasters I have made as gifts and to sell. I have used inclusions in these coasters, which I have never used before in coaster form, however I loved the effects it created from the experiments I did last year so I thought I would try it, and they've worked out really well!




This particular coaster (above) has copper leaf, silver leaf, gold leaf, brass sheet, copper tape, and even part of a Ferrero Rocher wrapper trapped inside two pieces of glass.

I love the unpredictability of the materials, as different things happen to them depending whether they're overlapped, and what in particular they're overlapped with.

Because of this, it can be hard to identify which material is which after it has been fired, because they change in appearance so dramatically!









Also, I have bought an engraver for me to sign my work, woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment